Mississippi Homeowners Insurance
Whether you own a house/condo or rent an apartment, where you live is a very important part of your life and your finances. No two homes are exactly the same, so why should your homeowner’s insurance be the same as everyone else’s? Having the right insurance policy might not be on your top list of priorities, but it will be when disaster strikes. Having an insurance policy that suits you and your home can make the difference between stress and relief in a disaster situation. Home insurance isn’t just another bill you pay every month. It is the one bill that you pay that can actually make you feel good. You can feel good because you know that if something bad was to happen, you’re covered. Here are a few things that you should know about home insurance:
What is Homeowners Insurance?
Homeowner’s insurance is a package policy that will provide financial protection in the event of damage caused to your home or even your liability for injuries on your property or property damage caused by you and your family members.
Do I need it?
The majority of people are not in a situation to be able to withstand the financial burden of losing their home without an insurance policy to help with the costs associated of rebuilding. Also, most mortgage companies require the homeowner to keep insurance coverage on the financed property.
There are different types of policies available for coverage on your property. Let us help you with choosing the correct type of policy and coverage limits depending on your specific situation and coverage needs.
Coverage Broken Down
Here are some types of Homeowners Insurance coverage:
- Main Structure – This is an amount of coverage that will cover costs to repair or replace the structure of your home. Some insurance companies recommend additional rider coverage to make sure that there is enough replacement value insurance when labor and materials cost more than your typical policy will cover.
- Contents – This is the part of your policy that covers the contents of your home. For the most part, normal policies don’t cover expensive items like jewelry and collectibles. Sometimes, it is advised to place these items under insurance riders to make sure that they are covered.
- Additional Structures – Parts of your property like your deck are covered in this part of your policy. Be sure that you add new structures to have them covered.
- Loss of use – This part of your policy can reimburse you for another dwelling until proper repairs are made to your home, in the event that the home is damaged beyond repair.
- Liability – This is the part of your policy that pays for damage to someone else’s property up to the limits of your policy.
Mississippi Flood Insurance
Did you know that most homeowner’s policies do not cover flood damage? Getting your home, which is many people’s biggest asset, protected from floods can help you avoid financial peril in a time of disaster for you and your family. Having the proper flood insurance is important because it makes sure that you are covered in the event of a flood. Don’t let a storm destroy the life that you have built. Have the proper flood insurance so that you and your family can avoid financial suffering in the event of flood damage.
What Do You Need?
The coverage that you need for your flood insurance is determined by a few factors including:
- Mortgage Requirements – Sometimes, mortgage companies require a certain level of flood insurance, depending on the area that you live in.
- Personal Preference – How much coverage you feel comfortable with having is a factor that can determine just how much coverage you need.
- Level Of Risk – This is a determining factor in part, because you need to consider how much you are willing to loose and the likeliness of you losing it.
Deductible – This is the amount that you have to pay out of pocket before your insurance coverage kicks in.
Maximum Deductible – This is an amount that mortgage companies typically set as a requirement for the amount of insurance that you have.
How Is Cost Determined?
The cost of your flood insurance is determined by many factors. Our agents have spent many hours in training and continue to study all of the different factors considered in writing a flood policy in order to make sure that you get the best rate available for the flood policy on your property.
Mississippi Gulf Coast Flood Insurance
Many homeowners on the Mississippi gulf coast are in areas that are susceptible to flooding. It is advised that these homeowners purchase flood insurance to help prevent hardship in the event of a loss of a home because of flooding. Give Gartman Insurance in Ocean Springs a call at (228) 872-3881 or come visit us so that we can help you get a flood insurance policy that best fits your needs.